When life happens....and it always does!!! We are plugging along, its hard to beleive that it is the end of October already!!
I am plugging along in school.....I have several tests today so will keep this pretty short!! School is challenging me..but that is ok...I think!!! lol
Elaine just brought home all A's and B's on her progress report and we are very proud...she is looking forward to starting her dance classes soon....and the school and church choir are keeping her pretty busy!!
Meghan is Meghan......I am praying that with the help of the counselor we can get to the bottom of her anger issues and find a place where she can be happy with herself, and where her sisters can be happy with her again!! She is on winter break from soccer, but is doing the school and church choir.
So this week has been comprised of school, homework, homework and more homework. Some time spent with good friends, and being a referee to my children....Just a norma week around here!!!
I have decided that on Thursdays I will try to catch up my blog and and share a favorite recipe ( I have tons)
Apple Puff Pancake
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes Ready In: 45 Minutes
Servings: 9
"Apples are baked into a breakfast cake. This is so delicious that you don't need to add any syrup. A great alternative to regular pancakes."
Ingredients:
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
2 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
3 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to blend eggs, milk and vanilla. Add flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon; mix just until blended. Set aside.
3. Melt butter in a 9x9 inch square pan. Arrange apple slices in the bottom of the pan, and pour the batter over them. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top.
4. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until puffed and lightly browned.
**works well in a cast iron skillet if you have one**
















2 comments:
Hey Natalie! Glad to see you are doing good! Take care!
Love
Linda
Hi from Sweet Home Alabama & Dream a Little Dream! Just saw you on Meet me on Monday and your blog cought my eye! I look forward to reading more post from ya!
Post a Comment